Corey and I presented at the recent Healthy Toronto 2013 conference. We had a great time (Corey via video) engaging with the next generation of leaders in public health, passionate and curious non-profits and thoughtful academics.
We presented the concept of usefulness in social media for the public health and public sectors. Our presentation focused on moving away from push messaging and developing content that means something to the lives and lifestyles of the target audience. We gave tips on writing, engaging senior management and visual story-telling. Check out our presentation below and tell us what you think.
Important links we mentioned:
- Who’s doing what on social media in public health units
- Public Health Funny Pinterest board (collection of memes)
- Engaging leadership in your organization
- Writing better health content
- Making great videos
- Dealing with negative commentary
Here is Corey’s piece with a surprise wardrobe revelation:
And here’s our presentation: